Saturday, May 2, 2009

Scary Blue Bridge!!!

This bridge looked fun at first....it looked so cool. I was traveling to Metropolis, Illinois from Paducah, Kentucky to see Superman. When I started driving through the bridge over the Ohio river the two lanes were very narrow and my tires felt like they were moving back and forth. (Like driving on ice). It also got really loud as I drove the car drove over the surface.

Can you see how it turned from asphalt to blue steel? I later found out that it was a total steel bridge. The holes in the road were large enough to put a coke can through. They were linked together to create the surface. That is why my tires shifted around because the surface gave with the weight of the car. According to a local Metropolis resident, this bridge rarely needs repair as compared to the paved bridge I drove over as I went back home.


No comments: