Friday, June 25, 2010

Roswell




"Roswell" (named by my sister, Kaye) after Roswell, New Mexico.
31 1/2 inches wide.
25 1/2 inches tall.
Ironically, this piece out of my entire "Walking on Glass" collection was the most challenging. While most of my designs include over one hundred individually foiled, flux, and soldered pieces, this design has under twenty.
One challenge that I had was selecting the glass for this design, as you can see the colors change all the time depending on the light in the room. So I had to make sure that the colors worked together, no matter how many times they changed in their hues. With the help of some ideas from my Mother I came up with this simple design and it has become my favorite.
No gems, no glass beads, no added accents, no extras and I like it.

No comments: