Sunday, September 11, 2011

 "Burst of Blue"
13 inches in circumference, 3 1/2- 4 inches thick (side view).
Photo taken with no flash, lights on.
Photo taken with flash, no lights on.
 I was blessed to have prosperous summer. Most of my smaller works have sold so it is time to focus on creating new things.   I love the freedom to do whatever comes to my mind. In this case I wanted to attempt another "wall blossom".  Wall Blossoms are what I call the flower-like designs that look like they are coming forth out from the wall.  Small sparkle lights are strung up inside the deisgn.  Glass sculpture by day, lighted sconce at night. It is a small but powerful accent to any room.    
 I like to incorporate several different objects to create a design. I used antique plates, a cornflower blue vase, cobalt blue bottle top,  a turquoise and gold vase, geodes and glass gems in colors of cobalt blue and chartreuse. I soldered these broken pieces together then covered the silver solder lines with a black patina. My style is eclectic and edgy. Deliberate and mysterious. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.  
Side view of "Burst of Blue".  Must see in person to fully appreciate.

No comments: