Friday, October 19, 2012

Are these all individual paintings?....No - learning all the time....

 I really had fun working with these colors...lime green, violets, purples, peaches, oranges, and reds. I painted the image of the flowers in the vase beginning in the center of the canvas. I didn't like it...but didn't know why. As I was taking photos - I realized that an image can look good even if  half or more is not completely displayed on the canvas.

 I also learned that I could paint a series of this flower and vase using these photo images as ideas for other paintings and that is what I am going to do.  I so enjoyed working with these colors - I could keep painting with them for awhile. I also have really enjoyed blending the paint colors.  

Can you see how I even blended a little of the lime green around the edges. Note the texture. I painted some modeling compound on the canvas before I put any colors on. I like to build texture...I am loving this learning process.

No comments: