Monday, May 5, 2008

Materials to work with, to look at for inspiration...


This shows all of the materials I laid out in my studio to begin my work and start thinking.
My mother really loves this place in Northern Calfornia that resembles an English Garden.
Some special friends named the Gover's own this place. They hold weddings and all kinds of ceremonies there. When I was in California last time, we took a stroll through the garden while my sister Kim took pictures. I printed up all of the pictures and used them for inspiration. There were twenty plus pictures, but I narrowed it down to a few that I thought I could incorporate into a glass design. I bought sheets of glass that matched the leaves and pink/red flowers. I start with alot of materials, and then narrow it down to only items which I feel led to incorporate into the piece.

No comments: