Monday, January 19, 2009

Antique doll with glass dress...this was fun!!!

This doll had no body. I bought just her head, her arms and legs in a thrift store. I have had her for sometime. I knew that eventually I wanted to create a dress for her somehow and I did.
I added a bow and an off the shoulder bodice. I positioned her arms with hands outward. My daughter suggested I put something in her hand...but have not thought of what or how just yet.
The colors of her dress are calico blue mosaic pieces, antique blue glass, smokey colored textured glass and burgundy glass. I also attached a few pewter colored glass gems for accent.


She has a trail of glass shapes on the back of her dress. I added a string of lights underneath, so her dress lights up. She does too.


I think she is ready for the ball.



Enjoyed this project. She would look great in some study, or on a desk or small table.



2 comments:

Nemo said...

it's great...u're talented......

Glassgrrl Studios said...

She's beautiful - what a fantastic dress you designed for her!