Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Adventures in the cold....

My "circle of friends" sculpture...frozen but they are still hanging together. I dedicate these wintery blog entries to my friend John, who lives in Alaska. I tell him we have cold weather here and he laughs....as daily he lives within temps of 30-40 degrees BELOW freezing. Where cars and trucks are plugged in with big electrical cords so their gas doesn't freeze. I have been to Alaska only once and will be back someday. So...John....you are probably getting a chuckle out of these photos...I know I am a lightweight...but snow is snow and it is beautiful anywhere!!!
This is the road I walked to get to my mailbox. Hide loved to run ahead of me. I have jogged up this road many a time in warmer days.

I made this mailbox flag last summer...looks like it is holding up just fine and shines bright.


This is the drive to my house. You can walk up this road and go out of my gate into an even bigger open space. It was a fun walk. Got my mail and headed back to my warm house.








No comments: