Monday, August 23, 2010

Different stages in the process.....

Cutting the general idea within the space that I had.

Because the exterior of the frame was compromised I had to think of something. I bleached washed the frame and painted it white. I thought it could use more, so I decided to create my first Mosaic frame AND also for the first time, used a Mosaic frame to surround one of my glass designs.


After this had dried, I coated the frame again with adhesive grout. After that had dried, I smoothed the grout over the glass gems. Then I painted it three times with a sealant. Let that dry before I started to put the glass design inside.



This shows all the shapes fluxed, foiled, and then finally soldered. It was now ready to be put inside the frame after the frame had dried.





No comments: