Monday, February 2, 2009

The abstract glass artwork I created before I left for New Mexico...

These are close up sections of the frame that holds the buffalo design. I bought this frame in Scurry, Texas last year...
It holds this big, muscle bound buffalo perfectly...yet it is elegant.

The buffalo took me about a month to complete...from the original inspiration to the last glass gem that was soldered in. He is three feet long and two and a half feet wide. This piece weighs twenty one pounds!!! Can you see the horns, his nose, his one eye that shows is right under one of the horns.
That may help you see the buffalo more clearly.



This was just a section of the glass design....



In relation to the chair...you can see how big he is. He will be in my show this coming April 09.




No comments: