Monday, February 2, 2009

Driving down the 'ole lonesome highway...

I decided I would drive to my job in La Cruces, New Mexico. I had not planned to go this way....but....
I did. I could blame this detour on my friend (you know who you are Linda!!!) but I can't do that because I choose to go down this road. You see.... I stopped in Santa Rosa to take a turn south on highway 54. She and I got to talking about a great church service she had just attended and I shared about a church service I was hearing on the radio. As we talked I kept driving south. She and I eventually lost phone service. When I couldn't see the correct road number I pulled over and looked at my map. I saw that this road still ran parallel to the road I was supposed to be on...so I took it.

I was in for a little adventure...so I figured...why not...
This road took me into and through real isolated parts of New Mexico. There was no one anywhere, but me in the middle of nowhere. It did eventually lead me through the Lincoln National Forest and the White Sands National Monument. I saw lots of beautiful hills, mountains and desert with white sands that reflected in the night. COOL!

The road headed south toward Roswell, New Mexico. Highways 20, then 285.
You know...the place in New Mexico where many people claim that alliens have visited. I had a full tank of gas, it was a beautiful day in the afternoon. I had not been in such a remote area in a long long time. All of the open space. Driving it at night would have been creepy!
I had a large leaded crystal hanging from the rear view mirror in my car. The reflections from the sun on this leaded crystal were dancing all over the inside of my car. As beautiful as it was I feared I might be attracting aliens...and they would come down and abduct me, so I hurried along!!!!!


No comments: