Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My ankle - Christmas 2009

Oh - we often forget how important the human body is. We go out each day accomplishing tasks we want to accomplish - big or small - without a second thought to all that it takes to get us there. This experience is teaching me some important lessons.

I broke my ankle on Christmas Day. Two bones, one on the inside and one on the outside were broken, and one of those bones was broken in two places. Surgery is scheduled for this coming Monday. Rehabilitation will start soon after. More than any other time in my life - I must listen to my body for I am not in control, but my body is now, and I must follow its lead.

What does this mean for me?
What will my life be like over the next couple of months, accomplishing only half or less of what I typically accomplish?
Can I learn how to rest?
How will my sedentary lifestyle affect me, emotionally, spiritually, creatively?
How will this change me in the future?

only time will tell......

No comments: