Sunday, December 27, 2009

My Christmas gift...I am humbled.


Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog. As you can see I have had an accident. On Christmas Day while delivering a Christmas Basket to a Senior Citizen's Home I slipped on the ice and broke my ankle. Two bones broken, one bone broke twice. Fortunately I was not alone - but with my boyfriend who lifted me up and held me while I hopped on one leg to get to my car. I see an Orthopedic Physician this next week to find out what my next steps are.
Life is very strange. Not only will my situation will be different for me physically - as I have to use crutches everywhere I go - but it will be a change for me intellectually, emotionally, artistically and even spiritually. For those that know me, they might compare me to the "Ever-Ready Bunny" as I have always been a very active woman and rarely sit down for long during a typical day.
Who knows what the future holds and how it will affect me? I know I will have my moments - but for the most part, I feel curious, motivated, and even relieved because my choices will be temporally limited to a great extent. When my choices are limited, I get even that much more creative....

No comments: