Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Blue Cross

An eclectic but elegant design. The past few weeks I have had some extra time on my hands. I got the itch to work with glass and make something. With this extra creative energy I pulled together alot of different items that were sitting around in my studio and made this.  
It is two feet tall and one foot wide (at it widest points).  It is beautiful hanging in a window or hanging on a wall with proper lighting. The darker photo provides a more dramatic look.  There is a crazy balanced chaos to this but it works and it was what I was feeling at the time.
I incorporated into this design the following items: 
Vintage jewelry
Terra Cotta handpainted tiles
Vintage Blue and Gold painted saucers
Glass gems
White Bullseye glass
Turquoise cracked glass Vintage Lamp
Painted Blue glass flower
Porcelain glass hand with yellow flower
Crystals 

No comments: