Sunday, April 27, 2008

Montage Festival, April 19 & 20th

Montage Festival, April 19th and 20th in Oklahoma City. My daughter and I entered this festival together. She brought her beautiful photography and I brought my bright, reflective glass art. Although we did not sell much, she and I had a great time together. We lead such busy lives and being stuck together for two days and three nights...gave us lots of opportunity to catch up, laugh, and just watch people. She was a great help to me. Several people admired her photos, and we laughed alot.
Other artist's tents.

I remember two ladies from this festival.

One lady bought a small angel that had colors of burnt red, orange, and yellow. She said that her daughter was killed in a tragic car accident four months ago, and that her daughter always liked these colors. She said she had an area in her home where some of her daughter's special things were. When she looks upon these items, she remembers her daughter and that when she got home she is hanging the little angel up with the other items.

Life is fragile.

Another lady came by. She walked around and thru my display several times. She then said that for several years she had wanted to find a glass artist that would read Revelations 22 and create a glass design based on what is described in this chapter. (Not a typical request). After looking at my style, she thought that I would be the one. So we exchanged information...who knows...I may or may not hear from her, but it has aroused my curiousity and I will read this chapter.

I have often thought it would be interesting to read scripture and create a piece of art from what I have read, maybe this is my chance.



No comments: