Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Its cold in Iowa!






I am here in Carroll, Iowa. I am here for the week working, but the ideas for my upcoming show called, COLORLICIOUS are still whirling in my head.




I am going to add some pictures of the two larger "show" pieces.






Aren't they wonderfully psychedelic????



These pieces are three feet by two and a half feet.

Much larger than the size I typically create...but I love doing the big stuff.



The flower picture is called, "See, Hear, Feel".

You will understand when you are close to this piece and seeing how the sun lights up the neon red. The flower seems alive.



The face picture is called, "Vivid Vision".

For some time, (when I was young as grade school) I have been inspired by Peter Max.

I liked his colors, and images. I wanted to create a piece with the sun rays coming out from the center. The man's face I did a long time ago...(this summer). He was created from some left over glass pieces that I was just moving around on my workspace. Hey...it looks like a face.

I kept him in my window for many months, not exactly knowing what to do with him. I tried making a few more faces, but I just could not capture the same look.



During the stages of creating "Vivid Vision"...my daughter had mentioned to me about the idea of incorporating faces in my work. A few days later....I was looking at the sun rays, and I looked at the man's face...and it HIT ME...yes, put him in. And you know what...he fit perfectly in this piece. Who would have ever known?







No comments: