Wednesday, October 1, 2008

"Make Love not WAR...Honey!"

She's got style....
She's got pizazz....
She's got nerve....
And....she has spirit!!!!

This piece is part of a broken mermaid that came from Estes Park, Co.

When I got her, her fins were broken off, and a martini glass used to be in her hand but it had also been broken off...she still had her spirit and I could not deny her another chance on life.

I re-incarnated her as an angel...added some lime green flowered glass given to me from an antique owner in Shawnee, Oklahoma. I put a "diamond" ring on her hand and neck, added the "sign" which says it all. The green plate pieces came from my sister-in-law, who lives in Anderson, Ca. Alot of effort and thought took place to make her come alive again. I had a blast creating her and I hope you enjoy her as well.

She is on display at the IYE gallery and is selling for $100.00.

No comments: