Saturday, October 18, 2008

More friends....who I work with.

Julie from Oregon. I have not worked with Julie before, but I have heard she is smart, detailed and loves to serve in Head Start. John from Alaska. I first met John when we worked together in Montana. I knew I liked him because of two things...1) when we all met and worked together while writing our report....( a long and grueling process) he wore the brightest, baddest, tye-dye color t-shirt that made him stand out amongst the others on that day. 2) In my younger days I choreographed different dance routines. On that report writing day in Montana, I had made up hand motions to demonstrate how the synchronization process worked in our software system...and John...of all people learned the hand motions and did it everytime I did. I loved it that he was always "game" for making our hard work fun. John lets me call him, "Madman from Alaska".
Jack from Florida. I know he doesn't resemble Woody Allen in the physical sense, but when you hear how Jack communicates and analyzes, the mannerisms he displays when he speaks...reminds me of Woody...(which I had always liked Allen's movies). He lets me tell him that and just rolls his eyes at me. Jack lived in New York but later moved to Florida after 9-11. He is sensitive and very caring man. He talks straight with me when I need hear what is good for me to hear but is always gentle in doing so.


Janice is from Mississippi. On our flight home, she showed me pictures of her recent trip to the Ukraine where she spent time in fellowship with women of all ages sharing their culture and faith. Her area of speciality is fiscal although she is an excellant team leader. Edward splits his time between Nebraska, and Maryland. I have worked with him when we were in Kansas together.
Alice from Ohio whom I first met in New York. (she helped me with my RC role on that job), Karin from Washington, Janice from Mississippi...(southern drawl included) and Sallie, from Tennessee.

Sallie lets me call her, "Sallie, the Machine "....like the Energizer Bunny...she just goes and goes and goes...I worked with her for two weeks in New York. Her intensity for her work never seems to stop!

No comments: