Saturday, March 21, 2009

Celebrating our Birthdays at The Red Cup

This is my friend Bobbie and her daughter Rachel - I had just given them the cards for my show. Rachel was watching me take the picture. The Red Cup is a favorite place of mine near the gallery. Bobbie and I have birthdays near the same time so we got together for a visit. We bought a piece of chocolate cake - placed it on a birthday plate - with matching napkins and lit two candles. Then Bobbie, Rachel and myself all huddled in close to sing a soft Happy Birthday song to each other.

Rachel painted this picture and gave it to me for my birthday. I liked the colors she used. It reminded me of some of the houses I have seen in New Mexico. Thank you Rachel!!!
Have a great year Bobbie - I believe we both will !!!!


No comments: