Sunday, March 1, 2009

My trip to New Mexico...

My friend Jim and I took a train to Santa Fe. We looked through several galleries. I had so much fun. I want to go back...I want to live in New Mexico! Is there anyone who wants to switch households for a few months out of the year???
Look at the designs on the rocks. These drawings can be found in the Petroglyph National Park near Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Petroglyph National Monument has a variety of cultural and natural resources including volcanos, archeological sites and an estimated 20,000 carved images. Many of the images are recognizable as animals, people, brands and crosses; others are more complex. These images are inseparable from the cultural landscape, the spirits of the people who created, and who appreciate them.
We were out in the desert. We took a long hike around through the rocks. We left right before a bad sandstorm came. We got inside my car before it hit. Sand was blowing everywhere - sagebrush was rolling across the highway. It started quick and ended quick.




The designs seem peaceful - it reminds me of some of the designs I see today.


Artwork from a long long time ago.




No comments: