Sunday, March 1, 2009

One of my Native American Indian designs for my show...

He started like this...just a design I drew on paper. Then I began to choose colors and cut him out in glass.
I put all the cut pieces in a box where I take him inside from the studio and start to foil each piece. I used masking tape on his face because I was afraid the glass would move around on his face. Those pieces were really small. The brooch in the middle of his neck piece came from a friend who bought it at a thrift shop in Modesto, California. We were both working in that town and took a break looking through the shops. I have held onto this piece for three years....and finally found the place where it would fit.

This is all the cut pieces carefully placed within the design.


The finished product. He looks even better in the sunlight. His hair is wheat colored and his eyebrows are turqouise. Cool huh?



No comments: