Friday, September 25, 2009

A new commission I am working on..see the stages so far...

Excuse my table...I write, I draw, I sketch, nail, cut, break, and hammer on this table...but hopefully you can see some of the long sheets of glass I was cutting.
These columns were cut for the top and bottom parts of the frame. Isn't the texture of the glass unique? These two panels will be clear crystal in color, with different textures throughout,

The lead crystals will hang loose and dangle within the piece. The crystal pieces and the circular pieces are from an antique chandelier which belonged to the customer of this project.



This is the beginning of laying out the ideas. The two panels will be 20 inches wide and 42 inches in length.

Moving around glass and trying more ideas....




No comments: