Friday, January 29, 2010

I am hanging in there...thank you for your prayers and encouragement. I will not give up.

I wish I had new art to display....but at this point breaking and cutting glass seems so far away from me now. I had a setback in my progress with my ankle but I am back on track and feel more hopeful. During that time when I was not able to have much mobility, I was getting discouraged. I had difficulty controlling my thoughts about my future and became fearful. My little house on ten acres hidden in the Oklahoma wilderness had always brought me so much peace, privacy and solitude....but the more I was confined, the isolation of my home was squeezing me in, and slowing draining my usual upbeat spirit away.
I reached out to my family and friends for prayer. My Dad encouraged me by sharing with me the inspiring story of the Winston Churchhill historical "NEVER GIVE UP" speech and my Mom shared with me a quote she has kept in her Bible for a number of years. I would like to pass it onto you.
"Do not look forward to the changes and the chances of this life in fear: rather look to them with full hope that, as they arise, God, whose you are, will deliver you out of them. He has kept you hitherto -- and He will lead you safely through all things: and, when you cannot stand it, He will bear you in His arms. Do not look forward to what may happen tomorrow, the same everlasting Father who cares for you today, will take care of you tomorrow, and everyday. Either He will shield you from suffering, or He will give you unfailing strength to bear it. Be at peace then, and put aside all anxious thoughts and imaginations."
Francis de Sales

No comments: