Saturday, May 28, 2011

Belmont, New York

Belmont, New York just above the border of Pennsylvania.  We flew into Buffalo, New York, then drove an hour and a half to get to Belmont.  

Belmont is a quaint little town within the Village of Amity. Established in 1871.
Coop's,  a locally owned diner where we ate each day.  I will never forget the peanut butter, lettuce, tomato and salad dressing sandwich I ate there. With chips and a pickle...
it was pretty good.
 
The Genesse Valley River.
I won't ever forget this river because it ran swiftly alongside the highway where I was riding/bouncing along in the front seat of a tow truck. Yep, it was a tow truck like the one below. Instead of a beat up SUV on the flatbed, it was a shiny 2011 Toyota Camry. My rental car keys mysteriously disappeared one day after I came in from gathering my team's lunch orders at Coop's. I set the keys on the table and they disappeared. The keys were no where to be found. So under guidance from the Rental Car Company, since they had no extra key, I had to have the car towed to the nearest Toyota dealership, which was located across the border in Bradford, PA.    
The Tow Truck guy was friendly. He was a Reservist getting ready to go for his annual two week training mission. We drove along for an hour and a half as he shared with me the history of the Genesse Valley River and Belmont. He also kept repeating, 'I've never had to tow a car just to get car keys before".  I just said..."man/I know...this is crazy". "One minute you think you have life under control and the next - you're heading down along the Genesse Valley River into Pennsylvania.  

No comments: