Sunday, July 13, 2008

"The Big One"

My first fish. I sketched the basic shape of the body from a picture, and then cut into the glass. Like a painter, I tried to add different lines on his body, fins, and mouth so that you could see some depth. If you look closer, the curving glass line added over his eye, made him look a little mean....as if to say....no one is catching me! This is John. I have known him for almost ten years. He owns a beautiful 80 acre farm near Cromwell, Ok. There are pecan trees, peach trees, blackberries to pick, a golf driving range, and several stocked ponds to fish from. Co-existing with nature is his first love.

He seemed to like what I created.
He likes to see the actual image in a design, rather than abstract designs. It is more of a challenge to me, using another person's image of a fish, but that is what I like about creating. There is always something new to learn that challenge you every day.

No comments: