Saturday, July 5, 2008

Jazz in June...with my friend Linda!

I know a handful of courageous woman, who have become life long friends, she is one of them.
We listened to "Chuck Mangione" who came to Norman, Oklahoma for the Jazz in June Concert.
It was an outdoor concert. Soon after he began to play, rain started to come down...in a few minutes it was a downpour. She tried to cover herself up with a newspaper, while her husband ran to get something better. I didn't have anything..she kept asking me if I wanted to share, or if I was alright. I was pretty soaked, but by then I asked myself...When was the last time I got soaking wet in the pouring rain....? (it was too long ago), so I just sat there, with the raindrops dropping all over me and enjoyed watching everyone else run for cover. Several people left, but there were a handful of people who stuck it out. Within about ten to fifteen minutes, it was over.
Chuck Mangione began to play, the crowd went wild.....and his music never sounded better.

No comments: