Saturday, September 13, 2008

The creative process for Blue Plasma I

I start with all of the cut pieces, glass gems, and geodes that I planned to put in the design. These have already been foiled, the wrinkles smoothed out of each one, each piece individually fluxed and soldered. They are ready to go into the design.
These large pieces of glass I intentially wanted to lean to the direction of the right...or "flow" right because the other glass pieced, titled Blue Plasma I, was originally created with the energy flow going to the left. In this customer's home, he will display each piece on either side of another mosiac, flowing pieced called, "Stream of Western Flavour".
These are the pieces ready to be soldered, but they are laid out, so I can put the pieces together in the design that is balanced, and makes sense to me.

No comments: