Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Wheatland Inn

Can you believe I had this whole building to myself for two days...I wish I had taken pictures of the inside. A former interior decorator, commodities broker, named "Beth Ann" bought this place. It is where she used to work as a commoditities broker, but before that it was the location in Buffalo, Oklahoma where the telephone operators worked. Ya know...the days when the women would sit in a line with headphones to their ears, connecting calls with telephone wires they plugged into the switchboard? It also was a hair salon back in the day, and a library that was robbed by mistake by two young men, thinking it was the bank.


It had two large rooms. Two big beds, sofa, ice box, kitchen sink, television, free DSL internet...it was decorated is earth tone colors. It had painted and textured walls. Beth Ann had done a wonderful job. I went to Buffalo, Ok. because I had been hired to conduct a workshop in Woodward, Oklahoma, with approximately thirty people. It was canceled due to the heavy rains and flooding. Not everyone could make it because roads had been closed. So... I drove back from Woodward to Buffalo and stayed in this cozy little hotel room of my own.

If you are ever in this area...email/view information for the Wheatland Inn. www.bethasnell@pldt.net


No comments: