Saturday, September 13, 2008

Welcome!!!

Below are pictures of a recent short trip up north in the state of Oklahoma.
I headed to Woodward, Oklahoma to teach a workshop for several Head Start employees. I choose to stay in Buffalo, Oklahoma.....because...well...because it was nearby and for its name. See, for some reason...they (the buffalo) have been demanding that I create them in glass. For the last two years...I had been considering creating a buffalo, sculpting its large shoulders, using browns, auburns, blacks. The idea of a buffalo continues to permeate my thoughts...and I sense it probably will not stop until I have honored them in some of my glass work.

I had a great time. Heavy rains canceled the training so instead of facing the highwaters myself and head home I stayed another night in Buffalo. Their population is less than five hundred, one main street, and raining the whole time. Yeah...I had absolutely nothing to do but just hang out in a small Oklahoma rural town.

So that is what I did, just relax and do nothing.

No comments: