Saturday, November 28, 2009

A New Mexico Thanksgiving


Thank you for taking the time to visit my art blog which documents my artful life.

This past Thanksgiving, my boyfriend and I went to New Mexico. I visited several galleries of course and even visited with a few gallery owners about the glass art I create. Even though those visits fed my artful spirit - the hike to Williams Lake on Thanksgiving Day fed the part of me that loves nature and longs to be in its beautiful surroundings. We chose an eight mile hike up into the Kit Carson National Park...climbing a high mountain north of the Taos Valley Ski Lodge. This trail led us to a now-frozen lake called "Williams Lake". More than half of those eight miles were uphill, trudging through winding hills in the snow. We met a handful of people - complete strangers who we wished well.

I can't tell you how beautiful and serene this place was for us on such a special day. Below are some photos and a few videos I took while we hiked. Following - some more photos of basically anything that peaked my interest while in this land of enchantment.

Enjoy!

No comments: