Thursday, November 19, 2009

Western Windows FINISHED -

This photo shows my two western landscape panels leaning up against my front window. On this project I was trying to think of how I could portray a western/desert type landscape that looks realistic but that also has some imagination or sparkle to it. This is what came out of my head. The mountain on the far right has gold glass gems attached along the top. While in the window it looks as if the sun is glistening off it's ridge. Other ways that I defined the lines in this design are with metallic gold glass cut diamond shapes that were lined along one after the other. These gold pieces spark up the glass design at night when an inside light is reflected on them.
I wanted to utilize these two horse harnesses. I can't remember where I picked these up...but for some reason at the time - I figured I would want to try and incorporate them with some glass someday. I had additional turquoise geodes and wanted to add more of that color, so I took ten and tied them with leather to the horse harnesses. They will hang directly over the two glass panels. All of these different mediums together in one design. These window designs have glass, wood, iron, leather and natural geodes incorporated within.





Close up of harness and hanging geodes. These two windows will hang in two windows of the Adelante Gallery on Paseo in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma over the Christmas season. They will be for sale and can be shipped anywhere easily.
hint.... hint

This is basically the overall look.....I like it....what do you think???
They will be hung on Saturday - I will be loading the photos after Saturday.




No comments: