Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Special Angel for a Special Friend....

I created this for someone I know who lives in Oklahoma. The wings are from a old plate I found at my favorite store in Shawnee, called Green's Corner. I will be doing a blog story of them one day.


I added the small iron circular beads with tweezers and a little dab of bonding compound I use. The hymnal she is holding came from some clay tile that one of my siblings sent from California. I really liked the way she turned out.
If you are interested in angels for small gifts - you can purchase them at the Firehouse Art Gallery and Store in Norman, Oklahoma.
Feathers can be found at the Price Tower Art Center gift store in Bartlesville, Ok. and the Adelante Gallery on Paseo in Oklahoma City, Ok.
I also accept private commissions - but you have to order now to receive before Christmas.
This year buy some original art made from a local artist. Ask them what kinds of small items they create. Go somewhere different to shop this year. Art comes in many forms and always handmade. It could be jewelry, ceramics, stitching, crocheting, a painting - there are so many different mediums.
Lets buy handmade and/or local gifts this year !!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! - Gayle