Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Still adding found objects...


I bought this frame years ago from Walls, when they used to have their department store items on Main Street. It had a mirror in it and I used it as that, but always knew it would become a frame for something. The metal flowers extend out, different ones, and I like the muted colors. Hollyhocks are a prominent flower in New Mexico, up and around near Taos. The hollyhocks inspired this garden within me.

The doll heads are form California. In my mind, I would like to see flowers made out of them, with their face in the center of the flower. Sometimes though, an item you might like to put in doesn't hold - it just won't work. I would rather compromise over the design, but never the structure. Glass gems, from Oklahoma City. Porcelain bowl from Green's Corner, in Shawnee, Oklahoma. These are all the different founds objects I liked seeing in this piece. Next step, foil every piece, smooth out every edge...then move onto fluxing and soldering....



No comments: