Friday, January 21, 2011

Starting to come together now....

Can you see how the panel of white glass has been added to the back of the skull now?
I didn't like how blunt and square the glass panel looked at the bottom of the glass skull.

So I added some pieces of glass that came from the edge of a vase down at the bottom of the piece. Having the edges come to a point made more sense to me and looked more realistic.


All I did from this point on was to add pieces to the design to complete the skull shape. I had to remember that his head needed to be thickest at the top and become narrower at the bottom. I knew the pieces could be angled and unbalanced a little because they were resembling broken bone. I put glass gems in places for accent and flow of the design. Next - was getting the horns soldered in.




No comments: