Friday, January 21, 2011

With lights....


I strung a string of clear lights up into the skull. This gives you the idea of what it looks like with lights inside
I am planning to get a battery or micro-chip powered dome light that I cane feed up through the bottom and attach up inside the widest part of the skull.

The lights intensify the images found in the glass and lampshades. I took a paintbrush and painted a black patina over all the solder lines to give an antique look.

The nodules that resemble the dark eye sockets in the skull came from Missouri. Georgia O'Keeffe is a favorite artist of mine. She painted lots of skulls and included flowers in the design. I was inspired by this and added it to my cow skull.



Just beautiful! I fell blessed to have been a part of creating this.




No comments: