Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Finished - private commission....

One of my previous customers who had bought three glass designs (two were privately commissioned) for her children last year for Christmas said it was finally time for her to have a piece all of her own. She recently moved from the country into the city. Her new home in the city was a smaller traditional country home with a white interior. She wanted a partition to help separate her dining room from her living room. This old antique nine paned window will create some privacy between the two living spaces.

I took this glass and made her window above. I believe she will be thrilled. In this window
I had to create nine smaller window designs and because the window was being used as a partition, whatever detail I added to the front had to be added to the back. So in essence, this design had two window fronts where people could see.

No comments: